The aim of the association for licensed Dutch online gambling providers (VNLOK) is to promote the regulated responsible and safe Dutch online gambling market. The members are committed to preventing gambling addiction. Sector-wide agreements have been made about the advertisements of gambling providers. Advertisements should focus on responsible participation and not incite to risky behavior.
The VNLOK aims to:
- to be a central point of contact for all online gaming-related issues, including with stakeholders, ministries and institutions concerned with addiction prevention;
- to be a knowledge partner. The members of the industry association have extensive experience in providing gambling services and implementing prevention policies. This knowledge is shared and studies are conducted;
- to combat illegal providers. The industry association is committed to a gambling market where consumers have no place for illegal providers and crime.
- Prevention and self-regulation of responsible gaming. The industry association has knowledge about this. The members are committed to preventing gambling addictions. Sector-wide agreements have been made, for example, about the advertisements of gambling providers. Advertisements should focus on responsible participation and not incite to risky behavior.
The branch association Dutch Online Gambling Association (NOGA), is committed to safe and responsible participation in the online gambling market. The NOGA has also taken the initiative to conduct an annual survey on the state of the (online) gambling market.
The NOGA has the following objectives:
- to provide information about the online gambling market such as responsible gaming, player safety and integrity, to both interested parties and consumers;
- to actively support cooperation with regulated gambling providers and promote their interests in order to ensure a well-regulated, attractive and non-discriminatory gambling market in the Netherlands and to promote a healthy, fair and future-proof gambling environment.
- Encouraging high integrity of gambling providers by protecting and improving their position and image;
- entering into collaborations with providers, the gambling authority and the judiciary.
The VAN has been around for a long time and calls itself the authority on regulated gaming in the Netherlands. To become a member of the VAN as a gaming provider, you must meet the legal standards surrounding responsible gaming.
- advises its members on responsible gaming, prevention and gambling addiction;
- represents the gambling industry to the government and in politics; stands up for the collective and individual interests of everyone who gambles;
- advocates for an attractive, reliable and responsible gaming offer in the Netherlands.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)